Carbon Limit – climate-tech company from the USA, brought their unique solution and won in the grand finals of the 5th Smart Building/Smart Construction Innovation World Cup.
Let’s have a throwback chat with the Carbon Limit team and find out more about their sustainable and innovative solution.
- HOW DID IT ALL START?
Carbon limit is paving the way to a carbon-free future with a technology that allows concrete to capture CO2 pollution directly from the air we breathe and store it permanently, transforming our built environment into a carbon sink.The company was founded in January 2021. The idea came from the desire to reach the gigaton scale of carbon removal and the concrete industry was the perfect catalyst based on the potential for carbon footprint reduction , in addition to its readiness for disruption. Carbon Limit meaning : a name that clearly emphases our focus: Limiting carbon dioxide in our Atmosphere.
- WHAT ARE THE KEY MILESTONES YOU HAVE REACHED SO FAR?
- successfully creating our flagship product; Capturecrete, a partial cement replacement
that lowers carbon footprint, improves performance and turns concrete into a carbon capture & storage solution.
- Raised our Pre-seed round earlier this March 2022
- Currently conducting lab tests with some of the biggest cement and concrete
manufacturers in the US, interested in using our solution.
- AWARDS: aside from winning BIM World Munich Smart Building/Smart Construction Innovation World Cup, we were recently gold medalists at Cemex Ventures Construction Startup Competition, winners of , and also awarded EGS & Sustainability Innovator of the year at North Star Dubai Supernova Pitch Competition 2022.
- WHAT WERE THE BIGGEST CHALLENGES YOU HAVE FACED?
- Biggest lessons: It’s all about putting together the right team dynamic, the right company culture, and making it a mission driven company allows significant and rapid growth.
- One thing you’d change: hyper focus on the action items that will create the biggest returns and the most growth.
- one thing you wouldn’t change: My team
- advice for other startups: Clarity is critically important, clarity of what your purpose is for your company, clarity for your team so that everyone knows how to add the most value and help bring you towards your goals, and clarity of what your big goal or mission is and what success looks like.
- WHAT IS COMING IN THE NEAR FUTURE?
- seed round: Raising a big and strategic Seed round that will help us enter new markets, new customers, and generate relevant PR opportunities to provide the right company and product exposure.
- team expansion: Hiring the best technical team that are experts in their fields, as well as creative, innovative, and mission driven.
- developing a new product line (Admix) to continue to innovate and make our product mass market adoptable as well as create quantifiable positive impacts on our environment.
- commercialization: To continue to find the right customers and licensees for our solutions, and to prepare to expand into new markets globally.
- DESCRIBE YOUR JOURNEY IN THE SMART BUILDING / SMART CONSTRUCTION INNOVATION WORLD CUP® AND BEING THE TOP TECHPRENEUR?
We had a great experience at BIM World Smart Building / Smart Construction Innovation World Cup. It’s always great to meet, connect and share ideas with the other participants, founders and innovators.Thank you to the Innovation World Cup team for putting this together and helping bring to light incredible innovations paving the way for a better future.
- YOUR THREE TIPS FOR UP-COMING STARTUPS
Advice to win the next event: My advice is first and foremost to be passionate about your business and have a clear mission that you, your team, and public clearly understands.Next, it’s all about having the right company culture, these should be from the founders’ foundational values.It is also critical to clearly communicate your solution and focus on addressing the panel’s evaluation criteria.
THANK YOU FOR THE INTERESTING INSIGHTS AND WE SHALL KEEP WATCHING YOUR NEXT BIG STEPS!
Visit Carbon Limit and learn more about “Capturecrete”, a partial cement replacement that lowers carbon footprint, improves performance and turns concrete into a carbon capture & storage solution.
Submit your solution and join us at the 6th Smart Building / Smart Construction Innovation World Cup®. Start-ups, scale-ups and innovative SMEs worldwide submit your solutions free of charge and take your chance to disrupt BIM World MUNICH 2023!